Health: 300 spa guests evacuated to Digne-les-Bains


Video length: 1 min.

France 3

Article written by

Several dozens of spa guests were victims of intoxication at the thermal baths of Digne-les-Bains, after the leak of a chemical product not yet identified. More details with Véronique Bouvier, present on site.

At 8:15 a.m., on the morning of Saturday June 10, the spa guests present at the thermal establishment of Digne-les-Bains (Alpes-de-Haute-Provence) “felt an extremely strong, acrid smell, they told us, which resembles very strong chlorine fumes”reports Véronique Bouvier, special correspondent in Digne-les-Bains.

15 people in hospital

According to the first information, chlorine would have been in contact with another chemical product, “what could explain this incident”, continues the journalist. Following the events, the staff evacuated all the patients as well as the employees. 15 people were taken to hospital. “Even if the situation is under control”, nine people still need to be evacuated. They suffer “especially respiratory discomfort”.

source site-14